Pool parties are a staple of any summer. Even if you don’t plan on taking a dip, you can still be part of the fun with practical party wear.
Here are a few tips to keep you looking trendy poolside:
- Opt for breathable fabrics. This goes for both men and women. Cotton, chambray and linen all enable air to move freely, keeping you cool when not in the pool. Try to steer clear from heavier materials such as denim and polyester.
- Maxi to the Max. For women, a long-tiered maxi dress in one of the aforementioned fabrics is the perfect attire for poolside fun. Colorful or subdued, a maxi dress can be dressed up or down and is flattering on virtually every figure.
- Casually Crisp. Men may want to choose the simple, yet timeless look of a tank or tee and comfortable shorts. A Hawaiian-esque shirt can help you carry an island vibe if you want to shake things up.
- Try a statement hat. Hats not only block out the sun’s harmful rays, but they have become quite the fashion statement. An on-trend floppy hat will look chic on women, while men can don a funky ball cap or venture into fedora territory.
- Sunscreen is a must. Even if you think you’re covered up, the sun can find your skin. Your future self will thank you if you take care of your skin now and prevent burns with sunscreen. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends everyone use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
- Shield your eyes. Finally, sunglasses are necessary unless you want to squint your way through the soiree.
Photo by Jakob Owens