The newest South Dakota betting promotion and bonuses: Sign up for TVG and get up to $200 back if your first bet doesn’t win. Additionally, get a $25 Bonus for every friend you refer. T&Cs apply.
Recommended betting apps for South Dakota (Android, iOS): DraftKings and FanDuel app.
The latest South Dakota betting promotion and bonuses: No available offers.
You cannot bet on general sports online in South Dakota, but are able to place horse racing and Daily Fantasy Sports wagers.
Sports betting in South Dakota is pretty limited. You can’t gamble on it in general, either in land-based locations or over the internet on sportsbooks. However, Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) and horse racing through on and off-track parimutuel wagering is permitted. You have to be 18 years old to do either and 21 to get into a land-based casino like the Triple Crown Casino in North Sioux City. This state doesn’t withhold winnings to pay gambling tax, but you still must declare it as income.
South Dakota Online Betting Promos, Free Bets – Best SD Sportsbook Bonus Offers 2023
|Sportsbooks & Racebooks||Welcome Bonuses South Dakota|
|DraftKings DFS||Get a $500 deposit match bonus|
|TwinSpires||$200 sign-up offer|
|TVG||$200 back if your first bet doesn’t win|
Betting Bonuses in South Dakota
Any legal wagering in South Dakota you do must be on horse racing or daily fantasy sports. When it comes to online sports betting you can play only free-to-play pools in the Mount Rushmore State. Currently, the welcome bonus types are available:
- Bet-and-get offers give you bonuses after placing a qualifying wager.
- Risk-free bets that return your money on picks that don’t win.
- Matched deposit offers that double your betting balance.
Top Three Offers in South Dakota
All regular promotions of offers for betting in South Dakota open to you are horse racing ones, including:
- Deals where your stake gets refunded if your horse finishes second.
- Enhanced winnings when you pull off exotic wagers like superfectas.
- Loyalty rewards and bonuses if you’re a weekly bettor.
Top Betting Sites in SD
As South Dakota online betting on sports isn’t legal right now, you can only play on fantasy sports platforms and licensed horse racing wagering sites. DFS offers you the chance to enter private games and earn prize money for topping leagues with your fantasy picks. Look out for these betting sites:
- DraftKings allows you access to their Daily Fantasy Sports games, but not their sportsbooks service in this state.
- FanDuel has a wide range of DFS to choose from as they cover all the major leagues.
- TVG puts plenty of parimutuel horse betting in South Dakota in your hands.
Best Apps in South Dakota
You are limited to playing on Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) and horse racing betting apps in South Dakota, including these legal and licensed operators:
- FanDuel lets you enter paid contests for entry fees on popular American sports via their mobile DFS platforms.
- TVG puts hundreds of parimutuel horse racing markets from the US, Canada, and overseas at your fingertips.
- Twinspires gives you access to free past performance data for horses through their mobile app.
Top Land-Based Sportsbooks in South Dakota
Due to no legalized sports betting in South Dakota, you won’t find any land-based sportsbooks here inside the various commercial and tribal casinos. However, on-track parimutuel horse wagering and simulcast gambling in one off-track betting (OTB) locations are allowed as exceptions to the law. You can visit these locales and bet:
- Fort Pierre race meets on the Stanley County Fairgrounds.
- Aberdeen race meets at the Brown County Fairgrounds.
- Triple Crown Casino in North Sioux City.
Professional Teams in South Dakota
There are no major league pro teams playing sports in South Dakota. In Sioux Falls, the state’s largest city, there are a number of minor league clubs. These are the Sioux Falls Canaries for baseball, the Skyforce in basketball, the Stampede for hockey, and the Storm in indoor football.
South Dakota Sports Betting FAQ
Yes, there is wagering in South Dakota in the form of land-based casinos, Daily Fantasy Sports platforms, and on-track horse betting. You can gamble, just not online and on general sports.
There is no tax withheld from you on any winnings you make from betting in South Dakota by the state in a commercial or tribal casino. However, there is still the matter of federal law. This says that you must declare any gambling profits for income tax purposes.
Apart from horse racing, you cannot do sports betting in South Dakota. Placing wagers – other than the horses and playing paid contests on Daily Fantasy Sports – on sports isn’t legal.
You can gamble in land-based casinos, plus on-track on horses and an off-track betting (OTB) site in South Dakota.
Although you can bet on horse racing or buy lottery tickets from the age of 18, for casino wagering in South Dakota you must be at least 21. This is because such land-based venues serve alcohol and, in accordance with liquor licensing laws, that is the minimum legal age.