The newest North Carolina betting promotion and bonuses: Sign up for DraftKings and get a deposit bonus up to $500. DraftKings is the Official Daily Fantasy Partner of the NFL. T&Cs apply.
Recommended North Carolina betting apps for Android and iOS: There are several Daily Fantasy apps live, such as DraftKings and Fanduel.
Top online sportsbooks in North Carolina for 2023: Sports betting in North Carolina is available only in in-person locations.
Sports betting is legal in North Carolina, and there are two Caesars retail sportsbooks open in the state. Online betting in North Carolina is not operational at the moment.
The Tar Heel State only permits horse racing betting in those venues, although daily fantasy sites are operational for wagering in North Carolina throughout the region.
Online casinos and poker are also restricted to in-person wagering at tribal-casino sites. Lawmakers are attempting to make strides to legalize online betting beyond daily fantasy games and the lottery. Until then, residents will have to keep placing bets in-person.
Betting Bonuses in North Carolina
North Carolina online betting bonuses are restricted to daily fantasy sites. However, those operators offer compelling bonuses for new and existing customers, including welcome and deposit bonuses along with free-bet promotions for loyalty over a period of time.
Two Top North Carolina Betting Offers
- DraftKings – After the first deposit, customers will receive a free ticket valued up to $500 to play further games. Further promotions are available with loyalty.
- FanDuel – Offer a free bet for their new customers after their first deposit with the operator. Other offers will become available with the use of the product.
Betting Sites in North Carolina
North Carolina online betting is restricted to daily fantasy sites. Not even horse racing wagering operators are active in the region. Here are the best:
- FanDuel – Provides one of the best games in the market for their customers due to their wide choice of leagues, featuring the NBA and NFL. Betting offers are widely available.
- DraftKings – They produce outstanding products for their customers. DraftKings has a diverse range of fantasy games on offer, covering all the major leagues in the United States.
North Carolina is surrounded by states that have allowed betting so it is a question of time when the regulation will be in place. Tennessee and Virginia are options for Out-of-state betting until North Carolina legalizes online betting. When regulation is in place BetMGM, Caesars and DraftKings are among the first online sportsbooks expected to go live in the state.
NC Online Sportsbook Sites/Apps Expected in 2024:
- Caesars Sportsbook
- FanDuel Sportsbook
Best NC Sportsbook Apps
North Carolina online betting apps are also restricted to daily fantasy games, so choices are quite limited.
- DraftKings – As one of the leaders in the industry. Their app has great functionality and is easy to navigate for all users, providing a quality product. Available for both iOS and Android devices.
- FanDuel – Their app has pleasing aesthetics and navigation for all users, even ones that might not be savvy with technology. Downloadable for iOS and Android users.
Top Land-based Sportsbooks in North Carolina
When wagering in North Carolina you will have to visit a sportsbook at a casino to place a sports bet.
- Harrah’s Cherokee Hotel and Casino – Will provide a fully functioning sportsbook that will accept bets on all sports. They plan to offer multiple TV screens and betting kiosks.
- Harrah’s Cherokee Valley River Casino – Plans to provide the same service at their different site, accepting bets on all major leagues with in-person windows and kiosks available.
What is the Legal Betting Age in North Carolina?
When wagering in North Carolina you must be 21 years old to place a bet in a casino. The same rule applies to registering with daily fantasy operators, although you can buy a lottery ticket when 18 years old or over.
Tax When Betting in North Carolina?
Participants in betting in North Carolina are not liable for tax after playing at tribal-based casinos as there is no legislation in place to tax betting winnings under state law yet. However, winnings over $5,000 will be liable up to 24% in federal tax.
Professional Teams in North Carolina
There are three professional sports teams in North Carolina.
Carolina Panthers is an American professional gridiron football team based in Charlotte. The Panthers play in the National Football League (NFL) and have won two conference championships (2003 and 2015).
The Charlotte Hornets are the area’s NBA team. Hornets, originally known as the Bobcats, joined the NBA in 2004 as the league’s 30th franchise.
The Carolina Hurricanes take the mantle in the NHL.
There’s no MLB team in the region.
Here are some of the leagues and major sports events in 2023 you can bet on in North Carolina:
- Baseball: MLB
- Basketball: NBA, WNBA and NCAA
- Football: NFL, CFL, and NCAA
- Golf: The PGA Tour, LPGA Tour, and international tours
- Horse Racing: American Triple Crown
- Hockey: NHL
- Soccer: MLS, English Premier League, and others)
- Tennis: ATP, WTA
- Racing: NASCAR, Formula One, and more.
- Mixed Martial Arts: UFC/MMA
North Carolina Sports Betting FAQs
No. When wagering in North Carolina you can only place a bet in person at a physical sportsbook based at tribal-based casinos.
It is expected to happen in 2024.
Yes. North Carolina online betting choices do include daily fantasy games and all of the leading operators are active in the region.
Yes. Bonuses are available for North Carolina online betting via daily fantasy sites that provide welcome offers, deposit bonuses, and other promotions.
Betting on horse racing is legal only at tribal casinos.