Read our complete guide to online betting in New York, providing all the information you require, including most recent sports betting offers and sign-up deals. Our trusted online sports betting partners have provided us exclusive NY sportsbook promos for bettors in the Empire State.
Best betting promos and bonuses in New York: Caesars Sportsbook offers up to $1,250 back on your first wager. T&Cs apply.
Recommended online NY sportsbooks in 2023: Caesars sportsbook, or PointsBet.
Top New York sports betting apps (Android, iOS): Caesars Sportsbook app (best NY betting choice), or Draftkings app.
Online betting in New York is permitted. However, these choices are restricted by regulations against mobile betting. Therefore, Empire State residents can use the leading sportsbooks in the United States, but only on licensed premises at casinos to wager on sports.
New Yorkers that live near New Jersey can make a simple trip over the state line for mobile betting. However, New York online betting laws do allow horse racing betting and daily fantasy sites. Therefore, mobile betting is possible through their websites and apps if you’re wagering in New York. All NY sportsbook promos are updated daily so bettors can choose the bonus that is right for them.
New York Sports Betting Promos, Free Bets, and Top Apps in 2023
|Sportsbook||Welcome Bonus||Promo Code|
|BetRivers||$100 Bonus for 2nd Chance Free Bet||TBA|
|BallyBet||Get $250 Free No Deposit Bonus||TBA|
|Caesars Sportsbook||Get up to $1,250 back on the first wager||CZRFULL|
|DraftKings||$5 On any sport, Get $150 if you win||TBA|
|FanDuel||$1,000 No Sweat First Bet||TBA|
|PointsBet||5 second chance bets up to $100 each||TBA|
Genrous bonuses are still available as part of betting in New York despite the recent reductions in welcome offer. Caesars, DraftKings and Fanduel offers the best sign-up promos in 2023. With the number of quality sportsbooks available in the state, there will be ample opportunity for Empire State residents to find their favorite feature-rich apps and still make use of a warm welcome welcome offers.
Betting Sites in New York
You are free to play at a licensed online sportsbook in New York. Here is the full list of licensed operators:
- Caesars Sportsbook NY
- Bally Bet
- BetRivers New York
- DraftKings Sportsbook
- FanDuel Sportsbook (including BetFair and TVG)
- PointsBet New York
- Resorts World Bet
BetMGM, Caesars and DraftKings have a solid presence in the United States, providing extensive markets for their customers on all sports, and matching their rivals on prices.
For horseracing, there are more options with TVG, AmWager and NyraBet offering online horse betting.
Best Apps in the Empire State
|BetRivers mobile app||best betting app|
|Caesars Sportsbook||best promo offer, get up to $1,250 in free bets|
|DraftKings sports app||daily odds boost bonuses|
New York betting choices are limited for apps considering the ban on mobile betting, although residents can use them for horse racing and daily fantasy.
- DraftKings – They provide an easy-to-navigate app that allows users to bet on a variety of racing markets. Available for both iOS and Android users.
- PointsBet app – Offer new customers a free bet up to $500 (5x $100) after joining their service.
- Caesars Sportsbook – Match 100% of your initial deposit up to $1250 after signing-up to the operator.
- Fanduel – The sports betting provider offers a generous welcome bonus of $1000 (bet insurance) for the first wager with them.
- Nyrabets – One of the leaders in horse racing wagering in the USA. They offer great value on their odds and wide-ranging markets. Available on iOS and Android.
Land-based Sportsbooks in New York
Physical sportsbooks are key for wagering in New York, allowing residents to utilize sportsbooks online and in-person.
- Rivers Casino Sportsbook NY – Has several betting windows and kiosks to place sports wagers along with large screen TVs to witness all the action.
- Turning Stone Resort Casino – Provides a picturesque setting to bet on a variety of sports in their lounge, using Caesars Sportsbook offers extensive markets and good odds.
NY Professional Teams and 2023 NY Sports Betting Events
New York has a lot of professional teams. The Jets, Giants, and Buffalo Bills in the NFL. The Mets and the Yankees from the MLB. The Knicks and the Brooklyn Nets from the NBA. The Sabres, Islanders, and Rangers from the NHL, and the Red Bulls and City FC from the MLS. Here are some of the professional sports leagues to bet on in New York:
- Football: NFL, CFL, and NCAA
- Basketball: NBA, WNBA and NCAA
- Horse Racing: American Triple Crown
- MMA: UFC
- Baseball: MLB
- Racing: NASCAR, Formula One, and more.
- Golf: The PGA Tour, LPGA Tour plus several international tours
- Tennis: ATP, WTA
- Soccer: MLS
NY Sports Betting FAQs
Yes. New York online betting is permitted with 9 sportsbooks with all sports represented and some with only horse racing betting or daily fantasy sports available.
Yes. When wagering in New York you will have access to betting bonuses provided by the leading sportsbooks.
Anyone over the age of 21 will be able to participate in NY sports betting
When wagering in New York, participants are liable for a tax rate of 12% for winnings on a sports bet. However, winnings over $5,000 are subject to 24% of federal tax, along with earnings that are 300 times your original stake.
Licensed Sportsbooks also contribute to the state budget with a 51 % tax on profit from bets, as well as a $200 million onetime fee to the state.