Sports betting is legal in the state of Maine as of 2022, though the Maine Gambling Control Unit has indicated that there will be no sportsbooks before sometime in 2023 or early 2024. Know what you can bet on in Pine Tree State; these are your Maine betting choices today.
Top online betting websites in Maine for 2023: Currently, there are no sportsbook offerings in the state. Online wagering on horses is permitted through sites such as TVG and TwinSpires. You can sign up for TVG and get up to $200 back if your first bet doesn’t win.
Recommended Maine betting apps for Android and iOS: There are several Daily Fantasy apps live, such as DraftKings and Fanduel. No sportsbooks are live in the state.
The latest Maine betting promotion and bonuses: No available offers.
Neither Maine online betting nor general sports wagers are legal for you to place in this state.
You will find that sports betting in Maine are restricted to parimutuel bets on horse racing. This is because Pine Tree State hasn’t yet licensed any internet and land-based sportsbooks. Proposals about what taxes you will have to pay have been tabled but not agreed upon.
The legal betting age for wagering in Maine on the lottery and horses is 18, while you can’t get into a casino until 21. This state doesn’t have any major league sports teams, but there are some horse racing offers and promos.
Betting Bonuses in Maine
As Maine online betting is illegal, you won’t find any internet sportsbooks operating in the state. However, there are some horse racing gambling sites through which you can place parimutuel wagers if you wish:
- Through links to America’s most famous race, the Kentucky Derby, Twinspires has a wide reach across the US. Horse betting in Maine is possible through them.
- What’s fantastic about FanDuel is they offer parimutuel horse racing betting alongside daily fantasy sports games.
Best Apps in Maine
With mobile apps for wagering in Maine, you can only bet on horses or take part in daily fantasy sports through these platforms:
- Twinspires is brought to you by the organizers of the Kentucky Derby, so you know they’re passionate about horse racing.
- DraftKings has an intuitive app that covers all the major sports when it comes to DFS.
Top Land-Based Sportsbooks in Maine
Due to no licensed and live sportsbooks in Maine, there aren’t any land-based sportsbooks open for you in this state. Brick-and-mortar casinos are rare in the Pine Tree State as it is. However, there is one racino for harness horse racing that may decide to add more Maine betting choices in the future:
- Bangor Raceway attached to the Hollywood Casino in Bangor is a place where you can place parimutuel bets on horse racing.
What is the Legal Betting Age in Maine?
You will find there are different legal betting ages for wagering in Maine depending on what it is. If you’re aged 18 and up, then you can place parimutuel bets on horse racing and play the state lottery. For entry to casinos, however, you must be at least 21.
Tax When Betting in Maine?
Past proposals have suggested taxes for betting in Maine of 16% of any winnings made for online and mobile gambling, and 10% for offline wagers. These may get adopted if the Pine Tree State decides to legalize sports bets in their jurisdiction.
Betting Bonuses in Maine
When wagering in Maine, the welcome bonuses you can get are limited to horse racing deals like these:
- Bet-and-get offers can be unlocked through you placing a qualifying bet.
- Match deposit deals can double your betting balance.
- Risk-free bets return your stake if your first bet isn’t a winner.
Top Three Offers in Maine
As wagering in Maine is limited by no state regulation, the offers available are for horse racing only:
- VIP Clubs on betting sites reward your loyalty with bonuses.
- Non-runner no-bet deals protect your stake if your pick doesn’t race.
- Price boosts give you greater odds for your favorite horses.
Professional Teams in Maine
For betting in Maine, there aren’t any pro sports teams. The state does have some minor baseball, basketball, and ice hockey interest courtesy of the Portland Sea Dogs, Maine Redclaws, and the Maine Mariners.
Maine Sports Betting FAQs
Your current Maine betting choices do not include sports betting, either online or offline. This is because the state has not yet started licensing sportsbooks despite legalizing sports betting in 2022.
Apart from horse racing parimutuel wagers, you cannot place bets on any other sports.
No, Maine online betting is not part of state law. Proposals were put forward to legalize internet wagering on sports, but no agreement has yet been reached by the government here.