Discover what Louisiana’s betting alternatives are for gambling on sports. What does the Bayou State have to offer? Read about wagering in Louisiana today.
Newest betting promos and bonuses in Louisiana: With Caesars Sportsbook get up to $1,250 back on your first wager. T&Cs apply.
Next Sportsbook to launch in the Bayou State: Betway Sportsbook will likely go live in early 2023.
Recommended online LA sportsbooks in 2023: BetMGM, Barstool, and Caesars sportsbook.
Top Louisiana sports betting apps (Android, iOS): Caesars Sportsbook app (best LA betting choice), or BetRivers Sports, or betMGM app.
Although they have voted to legalize sports betting in Louisiana, there are still regulations to make and rates to set.
As Louisiana online betting on sports will soon become legal, there is plenty for you to get excited about. Although you will have to pay tax on some of your gambling winnings if you get lucky. Licensed sportsbooks for betting in Louisiana are on the way and land-based sites should follow too along with great offers and bonuses, which will also soon be available. The current legal age for wagering in Louisiana is 21, including at the Delta Downs racetrack and casino.
Louisiana Sports Betting Promos, Free Bets, and Top Apps in 2023
|Sportsbook||Welcome Bonus||Promo Code|
|BetMGM||bet insurance up to $1,000||TBA|
|BetRivers||$500 Bonus for 2nd Chance Free Bet||TBA|
|Caesars Sportsbook||Get up to $1,250 back on the first wager||CZRFULL|
|DraftKings||Bet $5, Get $200 in Bonus||TBA|
|FanDuel||$1,000 No Sweat First Bet||TBA|
|Barstool Sportsbook||Up to $1,000 New Player Bonus||TBA|
|PointsBet (NEW)||2 Free Bets Up to $2,000||TBA|
Betting Sites in Louisiana
Online sportsbooks will soon be among your Louisiana betting choices for wagering. Here are some of the top horse betting websites currently operating in the Bayou State:
- PointsBet Sportsbook has been live in Louisiana since September 2022 and they offer the most lucrative welcome offer with 2 Free Bets Up to $2,000.
- BetMGM offers on top of their industry-leading sports app bet insurance up to $1,000 on the first wager.
- DraftKings may be a daily fantasy sports (DFS) platform, but they now offer betting on sports and horse racing.
Best Apps in Louisiana
|betMGM mobile app||best betting app|
|Caesars Sportsbook||best promo offer, get up to $1,250 in free bets|
|BetRivers sports app||daily odds boost bonuses|
Mobile apps for sports wagering in Louisiana are on their way, gaining greater popularity and traction with bettors. Here are the best apps available for sports betting in Louisiana:
- Caesars Sportsbook, this is a valuable and trusted resource with expert analysis and offers a grant promo of up to $1,250 in free bets.
- Twinspires, this app enables you to view how horses get on in trials and workouts. The app provides horse racing betting markets from over 300 tracks.
- AmWager is all about exotic wagers on horse racing. You can check them out and get a great deal for joining.
- TVG, which allows you to watch live horse racing as well as legally place your bets.
Betting Bonuses in Louisiana
With Louisiana online betting, you can get these bonuses for betting on the horses now:
- A first deposit bonus will match the amount you fund your betting account with.
- Risk-free bets refund a losing stake on your first wager.
- Through bet-and-get deals, you receive bonuses for placing a qualifying bet.
Top Three Offers in Louisiana
With general sports betting offers to follow, look out for these deals when wagering in Louisiana on horse racing:
- Enhanced odds boost the prices of your favorite horses.
- Loyalty bonuses reward you for placing bets on a regular basis.
- Non-runner no bet guarantees return your stake if your horse doesn’t race.
Land-Based Sportsbooks in Louisiana
Other than on-track horse racing, land-based sportsbook betting in Louisiana hasn’t taken off yet. There are 25 casinos and ‘racinos’ in the Bayou State. The latter may soon offer you sports betting:
- Delta Downs Racetrack outside of Vinton looks a suitable locale for this with its casino.
- Harrah’s Louisiana Downs in Bossier City is another obvious candidate for a sportsbook.
- Fair Grounds Race Course, owned by Churchill Downs, in New Orleans may add this too.
Professional Louisiana Sports Teams and Events to bet on
There are two major league pro sports teams in Louisiana. In the NBA, New Orleans Pelicans have the home-court advantage at the Smoothie King Center. New Orleans Saints play their NFL home games in the Superdome. Fair Grounds Race Course is home to the Louisiana Derby. Some of the major sports events and professional leagues you can wager on in Louisiana are:
- Basketball: NBA, WNBA and NCAA
- Football: NFL, CFL, and NCAA
- Baseball: MLB
- Racing: NASCAR, Formula One, and more.
- Golf: The PGA Tour, LPGA Tour plus several international tours
- Horse Racing: American Triple Crown
- MMA: UFC, boxing
- Tennis: ATP, WTA
- Soccer: MLS
Louisiana Online Betting FAQs
Sports wagering in Louisiana is available, and many sportsbooks that operate in the state.
Recent changes to state law mean legalized online sports betting in Louisiana has been live with mobile sportsbooks since early 2022.
For wagering in Louisiana, there minimum legal betting age in a casino is 21. However, for on-track gambling on the horses, there is a lower threshold of 18. This is because of land-based casinos have to comply with alcohol licensing laws. You must be 21 to play the lottery here.
Bettors in Louisiana must report all winnings that exceed $600, provided it is 300x your initial stake. Your gambling winnings are generally subject to a flat 24% tax, and the sportsbook may withhold this amount.
Louisiana Gaming Control Board regulates and oversees the gambling operators in the Bayou State.