Through legalized Iowa online betting, what sportsbook deals are on offer? Learn all about wagering in Iowa via mobile apps and offline sites too.
Newest betting promotion and bonuses in Iowa: use Rivers online bet offer code USBTRV to claim a $500 free bet welcome bonus on your first deposit. T&Cs apply.
Recommended Iowa betting apps (Android and iOS): Caesars Sportsbook app (best betting choice), or BetRivers Sports, or betMGM app.
Best online sportsbook in Iowa for 2023: BetRivers, BetMGM, and Caesars sportsbook.
In Iowa, you can place sports wagers online and offline, but internet casino gambling is still illegal.
With Iowa online betting on sports legalized by the state for people aged 21 and over, there are lots of choices. There are fixed-odds and parimutuel markets available to you in the Hawkeye State. The only limit in Iowa betting is that you can’t do is gamble in online casinos as this hasn’t been regulated by the authorities. If you win while betting in Iowa, then be prepared to pay state and federal taxes on your profits. While there isn’t a major league team from popular American sports here, there are still great deals and offers for you.
Legal Sportsbooks in Iowa 2023
Here is the list of legal sportsbooks in the Hawkeye State:
- Caesars Sportsbook
- Circa Sports
- Hard Rock Sportsbook
- PointsBet IA
Iowa Betting Bonuses, Free Bets, and Best Sportsbook in 2023
|Sportsbook||Welcome Bonus||Promo Code|
|BetRivers IA||$500 Second Chance Bet||USBTRV|
|BetMGM||bet insurance up to $1,000||TBA|
|Caesars Sportsbook||Get up to $1,250 back on the first wager||CZRSTOKED|
|PointsBet Iowa||$200 Free at deposit, plus 5x $100 Risk-Free Bets||POINTSSTOKED|
|DraftKings||Bet $5, Get $200 in Bonus||TBA|
|FanDuel||Up to $1,000 welcome bonus for Iowa||TBA|
|Barstool Sportsbook||Up to $1,000 New Player Bonus||TBA|
When betting in Iowa, you should check out these top three offer types:
Iowa Sportsbook Promotion Types
There are some great Iowa betting sites and apps out there for welcome bonuses:
- Deposit match bonuses are a great way to get to know a new sportsbook.
- Bet insurance, money-back, or risk-free bets give you the stake back if you pick a loser.
- Price boosts increase what you could win and add value to your wagers.
- Loyalty bonuses reward you for making regular wagers.
- Bet-and-get promos need you to place a wager to receive the offer then.
Best Betting Sites in Iowa
There are so many sportsbooks for betting in Iowa for you to choose from. Here, we take a look at the best in class for gambling in the Hawkeye State:
- BetRivers Sportsbook brings excellence to wagering in Iowa with their Progressive Parlay promo, in-game betting, and early cashout options.
- Caesars Sportsbook is a big international sportsbook offering a wide range of sports and horse racing betting markets.
- PointsBet brings its special approach to Iowa online betting to the table. What you could win from a wager placed through their sportsbook varies.
Best Iowa Betting Apps
|betMGM IA||best betting app|
|BetRivers Iowa||code USBTRV|
|Caesars Sportsbook||best promo offer ($1,250)|
|Pointsbet||daily odds boost bonuses, best welcome offer|
Iowa online betting is better with a mobile app. Here are some of the top apps you can download and gamble with today:
- BetMGM provides a dedicated sports betting app full of popular gambling choices in the USA.
- Betfred has a great reputation for offering bonuses. Their app proves it.
- Caesars Sportsbook is a world-famous oddsmaker. Through their mobile betting app, you get a streamlined gambling experience for wagering in Iowa on all your favorite sports.
Top Land-Based Sportsbooks in Iowa
You can get involved with sports betting in Iowa at several land-based sportsbooks attached to casinos. Here are some of the best gambling locales:
- Prairie Meadows Casino in the Des Moines suburb of Altoona has a Caesars Sportsbook in it, plus a racetrack.
- The Riverside Casino in the town of the same name contains an Elite Sportsbook.
- Diamond Jo operates two casinos in Iowa, with the Northwood franchise having a FanDuel Sportsbook.
Sports Leagues and Events you can bet on in Iowa
There are no major league pro sports teams for wagering in Iowa, but there is thriving collegiate and university competition through the NCAA. Amateur wrestling is big in this state. There are minor league teams from Iowa for baseball, basketball, football, ice hockey, and soccer. Esports betting has not been allowed in the state, but its status is under discussion and could change soon. Here are some of the leagues and major sports events you can bet on in Iowa:
- Baseball: MLB
- Basketball: NBA, WNBA and NCAA
- Football: NFL, CFL, and NCAA
- Golf: The PGA Tour, LPGA Tour and international tours
- Hockey: NHL
- Tennis: ATP, WTA
- Soccer: MLS, English Premier League, Fifa World Cup, others)
- Racing: NASCAR, Formula One, and more.
- Horse Racing: American Triple Crown
- Mixed Martial Arts: UFC/MMA
Iowa Online Sports Betting FAQ
Yes, sports wagering in Iowa is perfectly legal. You can do this online via an internet betting site licensed to operate in the Hawkeye State or at land-based sportsbooks.
No, Iowa online casino is not allowed in the state.
If you want to do wagering in Iowa of any kind, you must be at least 21 years old. That is the legal betting age in the Hawkeye State except for one land-based casino, which lets players aged 18 and above in.
There are taxes to pay from any winnings generated by betting in Iowa, with the state withholding roughly 5% of these. This is in line with other US states. A much greater proportion of your gambling profits, 24%, is to pay federal taxes. Deductions are available on losses too.