Here is a complete breakdown of all the information you need to know about online betting in Georgia, including the legality of daily fantasy sites.
Top online betting websites in Georgia for 2023: Currently, there are no sportsbook offerings in the state.
Recommended Georgia betting apps for Android and iOS: There are several Daily Fantasy apps live, such as MonkeyKnifeFight. No sportsbooks are live in the state.
The latest Georgia betting promotion and bonuses: No available offers.
Online betting in Georgia is not permitted. Residents are restricted in their options for Georgia online betting to only daily fantasy operators.
Betting Bonuses in Georgia
Betting bonuses are restricted to daily fantasy sites in Georgia. There are still reasonable offers to be found by wagering in Georgia using these providers to capitalize on sign-up bonuses and promotions that are found while using their websites and app.
Top 4 Offers in Georgia
- PrizePicks – Receive a bonus offer of up to $100 after you place your first deposit with the fantasy sports site.
- OwnersBox – They provide cashback offers from the dfs site with values up to $500 Professional Teams in Georgia
- MonkeyKnifeFight – If new to MKF, get first deposit Match Up To $100
- DraftKings – They provide bonus offers after signing-up to their fantasy game.
Georgia is home to a number of professional sports teams. The Atlanta Falcons represent the state in the NFL, while the Atlanta Braves ply their trade in the MLB. The Atlanta Hawks operate in the NBA. The Georgia Bulldogs are the pride of the state in the NCAA.
Betting Bonuses in Georgia
Online sports betting is not legal in Georgia. If you were hoping to place a wager in the Peach State, you will be disappointed as the region has stringent laws against all forms of gambling.
Daily fantasy sites can operate in the region as there are no regulations set against them, although it remains a gray area for both lawmakers and operators.
Whether strides are made to make Georgia online betting legal remains to be seen. The Peach State holds conservative values and has been outspoken about the issue, despite the ease of restrictions elsewhere in the country.
Betting Sites in Georgia
As Georgia online betting is restricted to daily fantasy sites, there are not a lot of sites for residents to choose for their wagering operators.
- FanDuel – Provides great variety in their fantasy games, including the NBA and NFL. They offer good bonuses for both new and existing customers.
- DraftKings – Has been a long-time operator in the fantasy business. They provide a diverse range of games for their customers on the NFL and NBA among others.
- Yahoo DFS – Arrived in the industry in 2015 and has gradually grown its presence into one of the leaders in the market, providing its users with a quality product.
Best Apps in Georgia
In regard to Georgia betting apps, there is only one avenue for residents of the Peach State to turn and those are daily fantasy apps.
- FantasyDraft – Provides wide coverage of leagues with an eye-pleasing aesthetic, making navigation around the app simple. Available on both iOS and Android devices.
- DraftKings – Their app is outstanding. It’s easy to navigate for novice users, while their coverage is comprehensive on the major leagues. Also downloadable on both iOS and Android.
Top Land-based Sportsbooks in Georgia
Due to sports betting being banned in Georgia, there are no operational sportsbooks in the region. Even land-based casinos are prohibited within the borders of the state.
Therefore, if you fancy wagering in Georgia you will be disappointed. However, there is the opportunity to visit Tennessee over the border, which has eased their regulations on sports betting. Whether Georgia will follow suit remains a divisive issue in the Peach State.
What is the Legal Betting Age in Georgia?
To participate in Georgia online betting via daily fantasy sites and the state-run lottery, you must be aged 18 or over. Other states in the region put the legal age at 21 to participate in gambling, but due to the sparse choices available, 18-year-olds can bet in the Peach State.
Tax When Betting in Georgia?
As daily fantasy games are not regulated there is no tax for betting online in Georgia. However, lottery winnings are liable for income tax at the state level of 5.75%, while winnings over $5,000 are charged with the 24% rate of federal tax.
Georgia Sports Betting FAQs
No. It is not legal to place an online sports bet in Georgia.
Daily fantasy sites fall into a gray area in state legislation. There is no law against them, so operators run and accept registrations from online bettors in Georgia.
Betting in Georgia is not legal. However, to buy a lottery ticket or sign-up for a daily fantasy site in Georgia, you must be 18 years old or older.