ESPN BET bonus and ESPN Sportsbook App is now live in 17 states – Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. New players can now chose between 2 generous offers, $1000 in bet insurance if your first bet loses in form of a bet credit, or make any deposit and get a bonus bet of $200. We expect the current bonuses to continue into 2024, and we will keep you updated if they change.
ESPN Bet New User Bonus and Promo Code for 2024
|ESPN Bet Promo Code
|Welcome Deposit Match Bonus
|Up to $1000
|ESPN Bet Bonus
|$200 with any deposit amount
|Hollywood Casino available in app
|Where will ESPN Bet be legal?
|AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MD, MA, MI, NJ, OH, PA, TN, VA, & WV
The new sportsbook ESPN Bet launches during NFL season in November 2023 in 16 states. New Jersey, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, and Indiana are among them. Will it go live in New York as well? Not clear yet.
ESPN Bet Sportsbook Promo Code
New players to ESPNBet in 16 states will get a welcome offer with a signup promo code and the first deposit. What is the code? We will let you know when the sports betting app is live.
Signing Up for ESPN BET and Using the Promo Code
To sign up for the ESPN BET app, you may need to search a bit in the app store under “ESPN BET” – it might not be immediately visible, so scroll down to locate it. Alternatively, you can directly visit ESPNBET.com. There, you can create a new account and have the option to enter a promo code if you have one.
For those who previously had a PENN account, you should sign up using the same email address. Enter the promo code if you have it during the process. You’ll then need to log in again to activate your offer.
ESPN BET Promo Code Details
The promo code for ESPN BET offers $200 in bonus bets after placing a wager of $1 or more on any event. This promo doesn’t require a minimum bet amount or specific odds. Plus, you receive the bonus bets regardless of whether your initial bet wins or loses.
These bonus bets are divided into five $50 bets, which cannot be split further. You’ll receive $200 in bonus bets once your first bet settles.
Using Bonus Bets at ESPN BET
Bonus bets at ESPN BET function similarly to other sportsbooks. You keep the winnings from these bets, but not the bonus bet amount itself. For example, if you place a $50 bonus bet on Ohio’s moneyline at +250 against Indiana in a game, here’s what happens:
- If Ohio wins, you earn a $100 cash profit ($50 multiplied by 2.0).
- If Kentucky loses, the bonus bet simply expires without any return.
Welcome Bonus Terms: Up to $1,000 Deposit Match
Only new ESPN Bet Players can make use of this offer present in AZ, CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, NJ, OH, PA, TN, VA, or WV.
- To activate the promotion you need to deposit into your Player Account to claim a 100% match on the first deposit up to $1,000. This is provided as Eligible Cashback.
- Eligible Cashback: This refers to a non-wagerable bonus balance that becomes withdrawable cash through eligible wagers and is automatically credited to your account after the first deposit.
- Validity: The Eligible Cashback must be spent within 30 days of receipt.
Bet Bonus Terms: Bet and Get $200
This offer allows new players to earn $200 in Bonus Bets by creating an ESPN BET Account and placing any cash sportsbook bet within the specified promotion period. Promotion Details:
- Eligibility: Only new players and are located in on of the 17 states where the ESPN BET app operates.
- Valid Games: Any sports event, league, or game available on the ESPN BET app during the promotional window.
- Required Action: Place a cash bet on any eligible game within the promotion period.
- Promotion Reward: You get $200 in Bonus Bets, divided into four separate $50 bets available on ESPNBET.com.
- Usage of Bonus Bets credits: When a Bonus Bet results in a win, only the winnings are credited as cash (withdrawable).
ESPN Bet App and Site Features
With little concrete information available, current projections are based on trends and ESPN’s nature:
- Live Betting: Given ESPN’s real-time updates, live betting is likely to be prominent.
- Bet Options: The new platform may include money line bets, point spreads, over/under bets, prop bets, parlays, and futures based on the popularity and relevance of these bets in the sports industry.
- Special Features: ESPN Bet might introduce options like “Early Cash Out” and “Edit My Bet,” akin to other betting platforms.
ESPN Bet App
The ESPN BET app, uses technology from theScore, offers a familiar yet distinct experience. Acquired by PENN in 2021, theScore ceased its U.S. operations in 2022 to focus on the Canadian market. The ESPN BET app repurposes this technology with a fresh branding approach and altered color scheme. While its user experience is commendable, the betting markets it offers are similar to those found nationwide. A slight disadvantage is its pricing structure. To differentiate itself, ESPN BET will need to introduce unique features.
A detailed app review of ESPN BET is planned for the coming weeks.
ESPN Betting Markets & Sports
Americans can look forward to a plethora of betting markets, ranging from mainstream to niche. While staples like the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and NCAA will naturally be covered, it’s also likely that ESPN Bet will venture into areas like golf, tennis, soccer, motorsports, and even emerging markets like eSports. Moreover, local team betting options will undoubtedly be on the table. Whether it’s the New England Patriots, Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Cubs, or the New York Rangers, fans will have a plethora of choices.
Bet Types: In line with the global sports betting industry’s innovations, ESPN Bet is anticipated to offer a smorgasbord of bet types. From live in-game betting to Parlays, Moneylines, Over/Unders, Point Spreads, and Futures, bettors of all experience levels will have myriad options. Special features like Parlay+ and the Quick Pick 6, which were previously noted, might also make their way into the U.S. platform.
The Broader U.S. Sports Betting Ecosystem: U.S. sports betting is teeming with myriad platforms, each offering unique bonuses and promotions to entice bettors. As of now, multiple U.S. betting sites are accepting wagers, which reaches the maximum limit set by current legislation. These platforms, already in the ring, have set a high bar, providing excellent sign-up bonuses and user experiences. New bettors are encouraged to compare ESPN Bet’s offerings to these existing platforms to ensure they’re getting the best possible deal and experience.
Background and the Arrival of ESPN Bet
Barstool Sportsbook, under Dave Portnoy, faced significant challenges navigating the regulated betting landscape, with controversies, fines, and difficulties separating content from promotion. Meanwhile, ESPN, owned by Disney, cautiously eyed the betting industry, balancing its family-friendly image. By 2022, research confirmed that partnering, not operating, was the way forward for ESPN in sports betting. Seeking a reliable partner, ESPN found its match in Penn after Barstool’s regulatory hurdles. This alliance aims to offer fans seamless betting experiences, marking a significant shift in sports media partnerships.